Original topic:

OpeningCrack Galaxy Pro 360

(Topic created: 12-21-2021 12:09 PM)
BuzzInBea
Astronaut
Options
Computers
I'm not one who makes things public but this one is very important. Unfortunately, I'm one of many that treats the galaxy pro 360 with care and still managed to crack the screen due to the need of opening it. I'm then treated like I'm careless with my stuff when I call samsung regarding this issue. I recieved my samsung galaxy pro 360 on June 24th, 2021. I never felt it or saw it in person before my purchase but when I did, I thought it was sleek and light. But it felt fragile to the point that you thought "I need to be extra careful with it”. The software was fast and I was very impressed with it overall. On Dec.13 I opened my laptop as usual and a thin hair crack occur. 3 and 1 half hours later on the phone with customer service and still the responsibility is tossed back to the consumer by a repair fee of 400 dollars even though it cracked from a necessity (the need of opening the laptop). I love Samsung’s products and because of that I spend all that time on the phone with customer service. To realize that after my third transfer I was talking to a manager name Sergio in the Caribbean that kepted asking me things that I had already answered. Very unprofessional. It was as if he wasn't listening. Made Samsung customer service look less reliable than I expected. I believe this is an engineering/manufacturers defect. I hope to spread the word and encourage others to do the same so we could continue making products better for our future purchases. We may help Samsung realize that a class action may go against them by proving in numbers that the screen is to fragile causing it to crack when opening. For those yet not a customer, I would not recommend this laptop. For those that do, I'm having the repair of the screen done due to lack of options. Then I'm planning on not closing the screen unless necessary. 
5 Replies
ArtDesk
Supernova
Options
Computers
I'm reading these comments in awe. I have the 13 inch and mines does not feel fragile. However, I am now paying attention to it. The screen on mine is gorgeous the best feature. I use it all the time opening and closing all day. Not duscounting what you are saying either. Had it since May this year with no problems except occasional wifi connectivity issues.
ArtDesk
Supernova
Options
Computers
Thanks for sharing never had to babysit a laptop. And, at least I have more than one if this one fails which I dont want to happen. Isn't it still under warranty?
user5sUAvY07w3
Asteroid
Options
Computers

I just had the same problem. Customer support says I have to pay for the repair since it is a physical damage, and basically they consider that my fault.

It's clearly a design problem: cover material is too thin, so it bends easily and it has a little jump between the space bar and the touch screen, that is where usually crackes.

It is one month and a half old, I never used it as a tablet and never used the pen. It cracked just by transporting it in my cushioned backpack.

BTW, if you pay the repair, they replace the parts with the same ones, so it will happen again. Basically if you want to avoid screen to crack, you need to use it as a desktop. Forget about transporting it , tablet, touch screen or pen features.

I'm really angry and I will join any of you in a collective action lawsuit.

user9rJ5nfEJkX
Astronaut
Options
Computers

Hello, 

I am having the same problem and spent hours on the phone with support and finally handed my laptop my  husband and he was the one who saw the crack in the screen and said that's why it was not working.   The crack was so light I couldn't see it.  I will be calling their corporate Monday morning.  My laptop is not even a year old and I agree it has to be a defect they are not acknowledging. I will gladly go public and support a collective lawsuit.  It is too many of us with the same complaint.

userZsz6gBXm0n
Constellation
Options
Computers

The same issue with my 15" 360 PRO

0 Likes