cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

PC Camera image is faint & barely visible in Windows 8.1

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am helping a friend who has a Samsung DP500A2D-A02UB, CNET specs and Samsung specs .  He is disabled and I am trying to help him to use Zoom. But the image from his camera is very faint. I have tried to play with whatever setting there are the I can find in the Camera Utility in Windows 8, but I can only improve the image faintness a little bit.

Is there anything else I can do?

Thanks,

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Re: PC Camera image is faint & barely visible in Windows 8.1

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks, I will look into improving the lighting. If that does not work, maybe we will have to buy an exernal camera.

B.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Unfortunately no, Webcam tech in Desktops and laptops, especially for machines running Windows 8 are still way behind the curve when it comes to image quality.  You could try and improve this with an external Webcam which would provide a much more clear solution in image quality and zoom capabilities. 

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@d_spi wrote:

Unfortunately no, Webcam tech in Desktops and laptops, especially for machines running Windows 8 are still way behind the curve when it comes to image quality.  You could try and improve this with an external Webcam which would provide a much more clear solution in image quality and zoom capabilities. 

Thanks d_spi,

I was doing some online research and I am wondering if changing the lighting might help, i.e., more better lighting of the subject and less lighting of the background. 

If there really is nothing than can make the images less faint, do you (or others) think that getting an external webcam would really make a big difference?

Thanks,

B.

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userJtutsNokaE wrote:

@d_spi wrote:

Thanks d_spi,

I was doing some online research and I am wondering if changing the lighting might help, i.e., more better lighting of the subject and less lighting of the background. 

If there really is nothing than can make the images less faint, do you (or others) think that getting an external webcam would really make a big difference?

Thanks,

B.

You could try some lighting options, that might help out quite a bit, even newer external cams need help with good lighting in a room to light a subject so that they're seen more clearly in the shot. Higher megapixel external cameras are well and good, but you definitely need good lighting with them to make the video call image quality better. 

I hope that information helps. 

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks, I will look into improving the lighting. If that does not work, maybe we will have to buy an exernal camera.

B.

View solution in original post