Constellation

Re: Phantom Touches on Touch Screen

JUMP TO SOLUTION
How much did it cost?
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It was under warranty. Sooo... free! However the problem just came back 2 days ago. I think I'm going to send it off to get repaired again and then sell it and get a different laptop. I barely use the computer. This is unacceptable for it to continue to fail.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I'm having the same problem, except that it's quite intermittent, so Samsung is challenging me to prove that it exists at all.

When it does occur, it keeps occuring and won't stop. I believe it is heat related, since it seems to happen during the day and it's been hot recently.

Also I notice that I can effect the wackiness by pressing lightly on the screen frame below the display. But that does not make it go away, only makes it look different and then it comes right back to where it was. Sometimes it will stop though, so it's worth a try... slightly easier than going intot Device Manager and disabling the HID Touch Screen device.

BTW, what is the best way to describe this problem? "Phantom touches" is pretty good; "wackiness" is not, but I need to explain this clearly to the Samsung tech support people, who seem unfamiliar with my complaint.

I think it must be a cable or something inside the lid or hinge.
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@jorjj could you send us a private message?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks for your interest, @samsungjam. How do I PM you? I click on your name and it shows me your profile and "Contact Me" but no buttons to press there.  Thanks again.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Here's a link: http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've got this problem now as well.  Has Samsung found a root cause yet?  Is the only was to fix it replacing the screen?

Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You can disable the touchscreen in the device manager and use it like a normal laptop but that it the only thing that works. I think it's a physical pinch in the touchscreen from the frame causing it to think the screen is being touched. 

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@JoeyJoeyJoJo, so you mailed your laptop to Samsung on Feb 22 and got it back on March 10... That's over two weeks to service a laptop. Good to know.  Thanks.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

No Problem. Just to be clear my laptop is still working after the most recent repair. I don't know if they made the screen better (with a modification to the design) but I have had no additional problems with it. I just came back from holiday vacation and traveled with it with no issues. It was about a two week repair.