Original topic:

Printing from Apple devices doesn't work

(Topic created: 06-22-2021 02:49 PM)
userInvQg8ImTz
Constellation
Options
Computers

Hi everyone!

I have a printer model Xpress C480FW working by wireless connection.

I have tested it printing from some different OS devices like Windows (Lenovo Laptop),  Android (Samsung smartphone), and Chrome OS (Samsung Chromebook) and everything is working at all.

The problem is when I trying to print from an Apple device. I´d trying printing from 2 Desktop Mac and 2 iPhones and doesn't work with any device. I'd tried to print from the same devices using some other printers and works at all, so the problem is just with this specific printer. 

Do you guys know what could be happening here and what could be a solution?

Thank you!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Efwis
Astronaut
Options
Computers
Other than the fact Apple devices suck imho, have you tried the following?

With the device powered on and networked, visit System Preferences : Printers & Scanners panel, and right-click on the printer icon to choose Reset printing system… . This will allow you to re-add the device, but instead of choosing Samsung drivers, choose AirPrint instead, and then re-add the device. Back on the Printers & Scanners panel, right-click on the C480FW icon, and set as your default printer. Print something.
If that don't work try the following.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05587132

View solution in context

2 Replies
Solution
Efwis
Astronaut
Options
Computers
Other than the fact Apple devices suck imho, have you tried the following?

With the device powered on and networked, visit System Preferences : Printers & Scanners panel, and right-click on the printer icon to choose Reset printing system… . This will allow you to re-add the device, but instead of choosing Samsung drivers, choose AirPrint instead, and then re-add the device. Back on the Printers & Scanners panel, right-click on the C480FW icon, and set as your default printer. Print something.
If that don't work try the following.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05587132
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Computers

Hello. I apologize, as of November 1, 2017, Samsung no longer provides technical support for printers. HP has taken over responsibility. For any printer related inquiries please reach out to HP directly at bcosupportcenter@hp.com or call, 1-800-544-9976.

0 Likes