Original topic:

Quickshare Not Working on GalaxyBook Pro 360

(Topic created: 06-11-2021 10:38 AM)
musepharaoh
Comet
Options
Computers
I've been having this really annoying issue on my new Galaxy Book Pro 360 where quickshare will not work. I'll send a file from my phone to the laptop and it will say connecting then show up in and finally it will say sharing but after a couple of seconds it ends up failing. The same goes for if I try to send something from the laptop to my phone or tablet. I've been trying to diagnose the problem for well over 24 hours because I really want to use this feature as I use it all the time between my tablet and phone but I've only come up with a temporary solution that I have to repeat every single day which is really annoying. In order to get quick sure to work I have to go into my phone and reset my network settings every single time then it may work but not always. I have the your phone app installed on my PC and use it for everything including making phone calls and I think it may could be causing some of the problems since it uses a special Bluetooth signal from my phone to connect and make phone calls and this might interfere with the initial Bluetooth signal of quickshare. To test this I deleted the your phone app and reset my network settings again. Quickshare ended up working again but only for a small time. Then once again it stopped working. Not to mention my tab S7 which also has Quick Share and is not connected using the your phone app. The tab is also not working with quickshare to the computer. The computer also cannot send files to the tab. I don't know what's going on with wifi-direct or Bluetooth to cause this or maybe it's the quickshare app itself but it's really really annoying and makes me not want to use the app anymore. One of the main reasons I got this galaxy book as I'm sure many others did is for the Samsung ecosystem and Quick Share is a major part of that. If this feature doesn't work properly it really diminishes the point of getting one of these laptops. Samsung please fix this problem. I have already left reviews in the Galaxy app store and Windows store describing my problem.

[Update] After waiting many weeks to see if the problem would be resolved through an update, it still isn't working. I have found out however that it definitely has something to do with wifi direct and Bluetooth since I'll see the phone connect through Bluetooth then wifi direct but then it will not send the files. When I reset network settings on my phone, it works temporarily for about 5 minutes but then goes back to not working. I really want samsung to fix this because at this point, I'm on the verge of just deleting the app from windows. It's frustrating when a service is advertised as easy and convenient but ends up being glitchy and unreliable. Why doesn't nearby share or air drop have any of these problems? Probably because they spend time polishing those services for every scenario. Samsung needs to start doing this for their software because they already have the hardware down.
7 Replies
bucky2252
Astronaut
Options
Computers
I can't find single take permissions on my note 20 ultra! I have tried everything I have found on the enet!
userxCwl7itWbD
Astronaut
Options
Computers

I am Having the same issue with a tab S7+ and a note 10+

musepharaoh
Comet
Options
Computers
Same I keep trying to send a file to my GalaxyBook or from it to my s21 but it just keeps failing! Even though this is supposed to be seamless and easy it isn't at all.
musepharaoh
Comet
Options
Computers
The only time it works is when I reset my network settings then it works for a few hours but stops shortly afterwards. Even if I don't connect any other Bluetooth devices or even connect to wifi it still won't work. I think there is a problem with the wifi direct
Members_mL7Yls7
Constellation
Options
Computers

I was very frustrated with this at first also. Still seems to work intermittingly but once I went to Samsung update settings I was able to update everything and this seems to have fixed my problem. There were many drivers that were either not yet installed or not updated. This took about 30 min for me to update everything. Seems to work now. Samsung has a great thing going with this eco system I hope they continue to polish their products and build upon this new galaxy eco. Hope this helps. 

0 Likes
DJ27
Constellation
Options
Computers
Same! I've got all Samsung devices and purchased the galaxy book 360 and can't quick share anything from my Samsung phone🤦‍:female_sign: **bleep**
musepharaoh
Comet
Options
Computers
It's honestly ridiculous and even on the latest version of windows and even using windows 11 didn't work