JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Recover a VERY old computer. I need help.

(Topic created: 08-06-2024 03:17 AM)
hetag
Constellation
Options
Computers

Basically I recovered a super old computer from what I understand, I never used Lubuntu/Ubuntu or Linux in my life and I honestly want to give a new life to this computer no matter how old it is The question is that I live in a country with VERY low resources, I don't have a USB or DVD to boot it, so I want to know if it is possible to change the OS without USB, I really don't know how to do this in this OS.

General information : I tried to see the version of Lubuntu and it says "LXQT Version 0.13.0 / Qt 5.11.1

Any help really appreciated

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Computers

Hello @hetag! Thank you for reaching out! You have reached the Samsung support community website. While community members may be able to help you with your computer I would recommend reaching out to other support forms that will have a broader reach with help getting you set up with this issue.

View solution in context

3 Replies
-SEB-
Constellation
Options
Computers
Ubuntu recommends installing from a bootable USB although the download is in iso format which can be mounted and set to first boot device in bios. This should launch the installer at boot.
0 Likes
The_Chief
Comet
Options
Computers
It would be very difficult because your computer BIOS will either boot the OS on the hard drive or boot from USB or other drive. I ordered a small flash drive that I dedicated to Linux, just so I can install it. Good luck.
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Computers

Hello @hetag! Thank you for reaching out! You have reached the Samsung support community website. While community members may be able to help you with your computer I would recommend reaching out to other support forms that will have a broader reach with help getting you set up with this issue.