JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

SL C3060FW Won't print actual size. Printouts are always scale to fit.

(Topic created: 09-24-2017 07:52 AM)
Josh G
Asteroid
Options
Computers

I'm printing from several Macs, several OS versions (the current one is 10.11.5). No matter what settings I choose in the page setup, print setup, or what program I use (I've tried Acrobat, Preview, Text Edit, Microsoft Word, Pages), the printer always scales the printed page down slightly, roughly 3/16 of an inch on all sides. I'm fully aware of the settings on the printer itself, as well as the places within the print driver where you can tell it to print to a certain scale, scale to fit, or print actual size. Choosing actual size, or setting scale to 100% has no effect. It still prints as if it were set to scale to fit.

Any idea how to fix this? I've used the automatic print driver installer located here:

https://www.samsungsetup.com/TS/Client/en/Install.html

Still no luck.

This is definately not an issue of the printer not being "perfectly acurate". I'm a designer, and I print stuff for a living. I've used dozens of printers from a variety of brands. This is not acceptable.

0 Likes
5 Replies
SamsungTam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Computers

I am sorry to hear this. Have you updated your firmware on your printer? Thank you. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
Josh G
Asteroid
Options
Computers

I'll give that a try, and check back.

0 Likes
Josh G
Asteroid
Options
Computers

I've upgraded the firmware, and reinstalled the drivers using the web installer. It still won't print anything at actual size. Please advise. This is one of two major issues I've discovered with this printer that need to be escalated to the team which creates the Mac drivers ASAP. This is not acceptible from a $500 printer.

0 Likes
userjpxlSxG69F
Astronaut
Options
Computers

I'm having similar issues with multiple fonts per page and 'print over' occurring... letters on top of letters!

0 Likes
Solution
Josh G
Asteroid
Options
Computers

Wow. I figured out the issue! When you add a printer on the Mac, it autoselects the print driver. By default, it uses the AirPrint driver:

airprint-driver.png

This driver has the bug that will only print fit-to-paper. If you manually select "Samsung C3060 Series", the printer prints sizes correctly.

select-driver.png

Please do escalate the AirPrint bug though. This was incredibly difficult to troubleshoot, and the AirPrint driver shouldn't have this issue either.

View solution in context