this issue is resolved. using samsung print manager will not give you the option to enable copy.
to enable the copy. you have to connect from the printer to the netwqork and using web access login as admin and from there you can enable the copy option. hope this help
Had the same problem, and finally was able to get Copying working again. The only way to find this "magical" setting is by accessing the printer's "SyncThru Web Service", which is only available if the printer is on the network.
So these are the steps:
1) Go find an ethernet cable and plug the printer directly to your home's router.
2) Determine what the printer's IP-address is -- this can be done using Samsung's "Easy Printer Manager" software or via the Printer's Control Panel: "Machine Setup --> Reports --> Network Configuration" which will print out the network config including the "IPv4 Address" you will need in the next step. FYI: mine was 192.168.1.88, yours WILL be different.
3) Open a web-browser and go directly to the printer's IPv4 Address found above.
4) You should see the printer's "SyncThru Web Service Console".
5) Top-right corner, click on "Login", and use the default "admin" for the username, and "sec00000" for the password.
6) Once logged in, go to "Settings --> Machine Settings --> Copy" where you will be presented with the magical checkbox to re-enable Copying capabilities on your expensive hardware. Enable the checkbox and click "Apply".
Now ask yourself: How did this setting ever get turned off in the first place, and why? Samsung/HP: what is going on here?