cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Samsung Chromebook or Samsung Tablet?

Hi Galaxy friends! Just wanted to get your opinion...I'm debating between getting the Galaxy Chromebook in red color that's coming out later this month OR waiting for Samsung to release their next Tab S7 or whatever they call it. What would you choose? I already have a Notebook 9 Pro (2019) and I can use DeX on it with my Note 10+. I really love using my Samsung apps better than using Google apps on my phone. I'm just nervous about purchasing a tablet and it not feeling quiet like a laptop. But at the same time, I'm nervous about purchasing the Galaxy Chromebook and it not feeling quite like a tablet when I wanna use it in tablet mode. Plus, I won't be able to use any Samsung apps on a Chromebook. What do you guys think? I welcome ideas and feedbackSmiley Happy Hope you all are being safe!

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Product Expert

Re: Samsung Chromebook or Samsung Tablet?

Hi, @dms97221  I hope you are doing well.

Thank you for this question. I hope I can help you with the options that you have.

it all depends on the uses that you want to use the device for Chromebooks they have a lot of option especially that they can use most of the android apps now but mostly used for browsing and light productivity on the other side is the tab S7 which is one of the latest device coming out of Samsung you can do most of the stuff that you can do on the Chromebook it's easier to carry around and you will have options to get a keyboard and different cases for the device.

Chromebook Pros:

light productivity-focused device

cloud-based storage

Google focused device

Chromebook Cons: 

limited storage

App compatibility 

Games and other entertainment are not supported

Tab S Pros:

Android-based system

Expandable storage

Cloud storage optional

Games and entertainment device

Pen support 

Better cameras compare to Chromebooks

Tab S Cons:

Accessories Add on  " Keyboard and Mouse"

For me, I would personally choose the Tab S because of the expandability and the possibilities when I can use it

hopefully, this will help with your next purchase

Be sure to click " ✔ Accept as Solution" When you find an answer that works for you

Product Expert

Hi, @dms97221  I hope you are doing well.

Thank you for this question.  I can only recommend a device in which you will benefit the most for your daily use it all depends on how do you want to use it. ill some example of pro and cons of those two devices

Tab S Pros:

Android-based system

Millions of apps

Will work with almost all the accessories and

cases and skin options

expandable storage with Cloud storage optional too

pen and keyboard support
Millions of games and entertainment options

all of the things that you can do on the Chromebook you can definitely do it in a tab S

Chromebook Pros:

You don't need to carry accessories such as keyboard because it's built with it

Offers some free storage on the cloud

Android app support but not all of them are supported at the moment

for me, I would recommend the tab S because you will have all the benefits of portable entertainment and productivity in a better form factor

hopefully, this will help you in selecting your new device

Be sure to click " ✔ Accept as Solution" When you find an answer that works for you

Highlighted
Product Expert

Hey @dms97221 ,

As @Joellem had expressed, I would also recommend the Tab S.

The portability as well as the applications associated definitely make it a contender for what you would do. With a Chromebook, everything you'd do with have to do with Chrome's browser so it's not exactly the best when you're offline.

With the Tab S, you have opportunity to download apps to go directly into what you need to as well as going onto the same browsers that are available. You also have availability of getting a keyboard but you also have an onscreen keyboard that you can access without the physical one.

Hope this help you!

Highlighted
Asteroid

Thank you guys for the feedback, I really appreciate it! What do y'all think about longevity? I know Samsung Tablets only get updates for 2 years just like the Samsung phones, do you think I could use a Samsung Tab S for 2-3 years if needed?

Highlighted
Product Expert

I would assume so, it's up to you how long you want to hold your tablet for. I've had mine for about 3 years and it's worked amazingly these past few years especially since I've really only been using it for internet based work along with entertainment.

I bring it along with with me whenever I go on a trip and play games.

I'm sure you'll enjoy yours for years to come, haha.

Highlighted
Product Expert

Hi @dms97221 

For the tab S especially the latest models they usually last around 4 to 5 years on most of the customers that I met as long as take good care of your device, update it to the latest software.

and with the hardware available today it will still be your go-to device.

hopefully, we can keep you as a long time customer feel free to ask anything on the community 

Highlighted
Constellation

I love all my Samsung products and I have the chromebook laptop best purchase I ever made and you cant beat the price

Highlighted
Constellation

Well Personally i will recommend Samsung Chromebook to your gf. There are many reasons behind this but using samsung  chromebook is just awesome and i am sure that she will love it also.

Never Give up