Original topic:

Samsung Flex Alpha Turns Off (immediately) when power cord is unplugged

(Topic created: 06-15-2021 10:27 PM)
user8wHzZDO6cK
Constellation
Options
Computers

I just received this computer/tablet 360 today.  I could not turn it on with the power button. So assuming the battery was fully depleted, I plugged it in and turned it on.  It booted up as charged to 65% already.  Hmmm, so why didn't it turn on without the adapter?  Next I checked the battery icon, but it was not showing as charging.  Next, since it was at 65% (but not getting higher), I unplugged the power supply.  It went black immediately upon losing power.   I plugged it back in and restarted the computer.  This time, the battery showed as charging for a few seconds.  Then it stopped.  Maybe it is capped so it won't overcharge, but that should still be around 80%.  So, YEP, I tried unplugging it again since I had seen it charging.  It went black again.  
At this point, I am very frustrated with the computer.  Purchased from Best Buy online as an "Open Box - Excellent / Same as New" rating.   I actually like the computer, but hello, it's all about portability with a laptop!  HELP ME KEEP IT!!!

0 Likes
2 Replies
Heidim
Astronaut
Options
Computers
Sounds like the battery isn't making contact. Probably why someone returned it. In the past when I have had that problem if it was something that I wanted to keep I experimented with a couple of layers of paper or thin cardboard to push the battery against the contacts better.
0 Likes
Andytheman
Comet
Options
Computers
I understand that some "refurbished" equipment never gets looked at and sold. I think "open box" means "as is" I don't know about best buy but some stores don't bother to fix the " problem" and put it back on the shelf. Don't forget, stores write up "excellent", "good as new" not the person who returned it. I'm not saying best buy did that but some stores think they fixed the problem and back on the shelf it goes, or it starts working when they have it.
0 Likes