I bought a new GB Pro 2 i7. The touchpad tracks but frequently stops and registers phantom clicks. I have tried to mitigate the problem by
1. Installing all the lates software using Samsung and Windows Update
2. Attempting to reinstall touchpad drivers using device manager
3. Copious amounts of research into how to mitigate this problem
Are there any working solutions to make the touchpad workable? Could this be a hardware problem? What steps should I take?
Solved! Go to Solution.
Hello! Thank you for reaching out! I can see how this can be frustrating for your new laptop having issues. I would recommend trying the steps in the following link: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01205025/. If these do not help then you do have two options. Since this was recently purchased then you can attempt an exchange/return/refund with your place of purchase.
If you are not in that period service would be the next option. Depending on your warranty you will have a couple of options.
- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service processed.
- If you're within the one-year warranty, you can Private message me or one of our moderators or you can call in directly at 1-800- 726-7864 with your full model and serial number to have service setup
- If you're OUT of warranty, for depot type products (Soundbars, Home Theater Systems, tablets, ect.) that require to be shipped we recommend you speak with our depot team for pricing and to have the service set up: 1-310-669-4334.