cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Samsung HMD Odyssey+ controller issue

Hi. I own an HMD Odyssey+ since February and so far it works quite well overall, except for a problem with the left controller. The touchpad is a bit of a mess, many Steam and no Steam games (Half Life Alyx, Onward, Masterpiece VR, Oculus Medium and more) detect it as if there is a ghost thumb moving randomly across the touchpad and the thumbstick appears to be slightly misaligned, causing some games character to walk on its own (Boneworks, Pavlov, etc.). At first I thought it could be due to a faulty controller but after browsing the web I've noticed that many people have this exactly same problem and they say that it is very likely that it is not a physical issue but a logical one.

It seems that miscalibrated controller issue (especially the left one) is a common problem for many Odyssey and Odyssey+ users since a coulple of years back.
Can someone give a solution or report if this problem is being addressed?

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Samsung HMD Odyssey+ controller issue

We are sorry to hear about this. Have you tried resetting the controller?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

Hi SamsungLou, thank you for your reply.

Well, if you mean by unpairing/removing both controllers from my pc and reseting them by pressing the pairing button for several seconds, yeah, I already did it a couple of times and nothing. The issue still there Smiley Sad

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

The reset process is on page 45 of the user guide.

Reset the controller if it does not work properly.

1. Press and hold the Windows button and turn off the power.

2. Open the battery cover and, while pressing the Bluetooth pairing button, press and hold the Windows button.

When you reset the controller, it will vibrate and the indicator light will turn on.

You can reconnect and use the controller on your computer.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

Thanks again SamsungLou.

I followed all the steps very carefully and It seems that the problem was solved slightly, I mean, the thumbstick kept misaligned but the touchpad wiggleness seems to have reduced to a certain extent but I couldn't say how long it lasted, maybe just a few hours.

Today I checked the controller and the problem is back again.

I'm a little frustrated at this point tbh

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Please send the model and serial numbers for the Odysset+ to this PM Link.

Highlighted
Constellation

I have the same issue with the left controller I only had it for 4 months and sometimes the home button doesn't work and touch pad is going all about. Theres no way of buying new controllers so I'm wondering if its a software issue