cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Samsung Notebook 9 Pro (NP940X5N) won't work without being connected

Within the last 24 hours, my laptop just stopped working unless it was connected to a charging cable. I had noticed it getting hot randomly when it was off but I didn't pay it much attention because it still worked fine. I would have an external fan on it whenever I would use it because it would get hot, but it was never that big of an issue. Whenever it is off of power the light on the top of the keyboard will sometimes flash green, but it'll go away very quickly. When I do plug it and it starts up, it says very briefly that the battery has low power but then it quickly goes back to showing 100@

I suspect that it's just a dirty fan or something of the sort (I've never cleaned my computer before and I've had it for ~2.5 years.), but I'm not sure how to do it. Should I send it in for repairs or what should I do? I use this laptop for school and because of covid it's essential for me to be using it right now. Is there anything I can do about this?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Samsung Notebook 9 Pro (NP940X5N) won't work without being connected

Are you using the original charger that came with laptop?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

Yes I am.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Give this link a shot: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01109647/ If this does not help I recommend letting a service technician have a look. Send your full model code and serial number via private message or call 1-800-SAMSUNG directly to get started.