cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Samsung Notebook - Microphone

HI,

How do I know if my computer has a built in microphone? I can hear people, but I can't talk with people if I use the computer for meetings, etc. On Device Manager it shows Microphone array, but when troubleshooting, it doesn't tell me how to use the device. Any help or direction would be appreciated.

Thanks!

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Samsung Notebook - Microphone

We are sorry to hear about this. Please provide the model number for your laptop.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Thanks it is NP940X5N

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Go in to Settings > System > Sound, and make sure the microphone is not disabled there, then run the Troubleshooter.  The mic itself is on the right side of the PC, toward the front.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

It indicates that the microphone is not disabled, but when I click on troubleshoot, I get the following

Capture.JPG

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Go in to the Device Manager and open the Sound/Video/Game controllers. Right click on the Microphone and uninstall it. Then close everything down and restart the PC. This should reinstall the Microphone back to default settings.

Highlighted
Asteroid

If I go into Sound, video and game controllers, I only see Intel Display Audio and Realtek Audio - no microphone. If I go up to Audio inputs, I see Microphone Array (Realtek Audio)

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Ok, sorry. Remove that item.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Removed but same result. Troubleshooting shows as pictured above and microphone isn't recognized.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

If a complete re-installation of the microphone is not helping, the PC will need to be looked at. You can call in to 800-726-7864 and ask for remote support to log in and troubleshoot, or we can set up service for you.