cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Samsung Odessey G9 cant update firmware ( please help )

Can someone please help me understand how to save a file from " whatever format it is on your website" and change it to " .bin " . 

I dont know how to change the file to .bin, any help would be greatly appreciated, not sure why they would have it in the correct format when I download it.  

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Samsung Odessey G9 cant update firmware ( please help )

Hello, I have the same problem. When I try to update the screen will just restart.. and nothing else happens. 

In information the screen still says 1000.3 instead of 1004...

I was now in contact with swedish support and service center.. they suggest that I send it in for service... 

I'm gonna wait a bit tho i'?m on vacation and don't want to send it in right now. 

I'm gonna still search for solution and maybe newest firmware update will solve this.

If you find anything please reply here. 

Good luck!

Highlighted
Constellation

Update: I went and bought an old 2.0 USB flash instead of my 3.0... it was set up to fat 32 already and just copied the firmware.

IT WORKED! Fellow g9 owners try this if you have same trouble! 

Cheers for Samsung sweden who came with the idea.

Highlighted
Astronaut

Did you ever figure out how to change the firmware file name?  When I download the firmware update, in the *.zip file the firmware file is a *.img not a *.bin as required.  I am on the original 1004 and would love to update to 1005.4.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks! 

@userf68uLOcbW1 

Highlighted
Constellation

You don't need to change the file name.  I extraced the .zip to get the .img file and copied that to my usb flash drive.  Make sure you are using the usb port farther away from the back of the monitor.