Original topic:

Samsung Odyssey+ not recognized by Windows 10 Pro (21H1) | LED on the VR headset is blinking green

(Topic created: 08-14-2021 09:22 AM)
jr5
Astronaut
Options
Computers

Hi! I have an Samsung Odyssey+ (XE800ZBA-HC1US) which does not get recognized by my Windows 10 Pro machine (Version 21H1). The headset is connected over USB3.0 and HDMI. I took a look at the connections and cables, but everything is looking fine.

Neither the Device Manager, Mixed Reality App, or the Samsung HMD setup software is recognizing the device. However I assume it to get powered since the LED is blinking green.

Any hints or tips would be appreciated! Thanks!

Kind regards

Johanna

0 Likes
9 Replies
TheGalaxy
Neutron Star
Options
Computers
Boot from Linux and test
0 Likes
jr5
Astronaut
Options
Computers

Already tried this using Ubuntu without success. lspci does not recognize the device and journalctl does not give any updates or warning messages about it either. LED is blinking green nevertheless. I actually noticed that it would blink faster, if I would put my finger in front of the proximity sensor. Took it apart, took a look at the connections, but everything is looking fine.

0 Likes
TheGalaxy
Neutron Star
Options
Computers

Is there a reset button on the unit?
0 Likes
TheGalaxy
Neutron Star
Options
Computers
Looks like it is getting power but the firmware doesn't boot
0 Likes
jr5
Astronaut
Options
Computers

It would be great if there was! Cannot see any obvious one on my model. Are you familiar with it?

0 Likes
TheGalaxy
Neutron Star
Options
Computers
No
What about lsusb?
0 Likes
jr5
Astronaut
Options
Computers

Again, nothing. I feel like the firmware path might be the correct direction to go... Would be great if there was a way to reset it.

0 Likes
TheGalaxy
Neutron Star
Options
Computers
I don't know any tool software or hardware to flash the firmware. Check to see if there is cmos battery battery inside
0 Likes
jr5
Astronaut
Options
Computers

There is none in any obvious location AFAIR.

0 Likes