Samsung Odyssey "phantom" profile

Constellation

Samsung Odyssey "phantom" profile

I got help from customer support a couple of months ago and allowed them to remote control my laptop and help me troubleshoot some problems. After I restarted my laptop there was another profile present called Administrator. The weird thing is that the second profile will only show up if I restart my laptop. I cannot figure out how to get rid of this second profile. Please help.

9 REPLIES
Samsung Moderator

Re: Samsung Odyssey "phantom" profile

What kind of laptop do you have?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Constellation

I have a Samsung Notebook Odyssey. The model number is NP800G5M-X01US

Samsung Moderator

Thanks! What Windows version are you running? 

Constellation

I am running Windows 10.

Samsung Moderator

Have you tried this? Link

Constellation

Yes I have, but the only profile that showed up was mine. I restarted my laptop again and it still had two profiles. so I don't know what to do anymore.

Samsung Moderator

Please try the following:

1. Open the “Power Users” menu by pressing “Win + X” shortcut keys (in the same time) from the keyboard;
  2. Drag your mouse pointer over the “Command Prompt (Admin)” feature;
  3. Left click on it and you can observe that the cmd.exe will open;
  4. Type the following command: “net user administrator /active: no”, but without quotes;
  5. The Administrator account will be disabled again.
Highlighted
Constellation

Would Windows PowerShell  (Admin) be the same thing as the Command Prompt (Admin)?

Samsung Moderator

They are not the same, PowerShell and Command Prompt work differently and have different commands.