cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Samsung PC Chat Service notification?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Got this notification on my Samsung Notebook 9 Pen. Any idea what it means? It sounds sketchy... I didn't run any Samsung service. It is asking to execute a remote service. This is after a long time of using the notebook.MessageMessage

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Samsung PC Chat Service notification?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Online Services (S Service) is an online support tool for Samsung PC users. You should be able to find the app under the Windows Apps settings and disable it.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Online Services (S Service) is an online support tool for Samsung PC users. You should be able to find the app under the Windows Apps settings and disable it.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks. I know what it is, I was just wondering why I would get such a notification out of the blue. Anyway I did uninstall it since I don't like getting notifications for unknown reasons (actually you helped me since I always assumed that it was hard to uninstall this ap due to it being preinstalled).

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Happy to help. Like a lot of PC issues, it was likely a glitch (technical term) somewhere in there. It could have been something recently installed or removed that caught a stray file somewhere. Or not.  🤷‍♂️