Original topic:

Samsung Series 9 (Windows 7) Touchpad Driver Problem

(Topic created: 01-08-2019 11:17 AM)
usercLHcr9CR2g
Constellation
Options
Computers

Hello,

I have a Samsung Series 9 Notebook (NP900X4C-A03US) bought in 2013 running Windows 7. I recently had to wipe the laptop and reinstall the system image. I have reinstalled a number of drivers from the Samsung website for my model. My problem is with the touchpad driver - without a driver, the touchpad is mediocre; it's a little jerky, difficult to select, and does not allow scrolling. There are two touchpad drivers listed on the Samsung website for my model. When I install either (or both) of them, the touchpad ceases to function (it can still select erratically, but the pointer will not move). Could another driver be interfering? Is there an updated driver I need (still running Windows 7 here)? A USB mouse works perfectly in all scenarios, so I know the issue is with the touchpad interface itself. And no, there is no damage to the touchpad (it worked perfectly before wiping my laptop).

Thanks very much for any help!

Hazel

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungTam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Computers

Understood. This concern would require a technician to take a look at the device. I would recommend contacting a local service center in your area. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

View solution in context

0 Likes
3 Replies
SamsungGill
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Computers

Hello Hazel! When you go to Device Manager, what touch pad/input device (Manufacturer and model) does it show?

0 Likes
usercLHcr9CR2g
Constellation
Options
Computers

It currently doesn't show any drivers specifically for a touchpad (I deinstalled the driver from the website - "Touchpad_10.7.17.5" - so I could have some touchpad functionality).

From device manager:

Mice and other pointing devices:

- HID-compliant mouse

- PS/2 Compatible Mouse

Both these drivers are up to date, according to Windows.

Thanks for your help!

0 Likes
Solution
SamsungTam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Computers

Understood. This concern would require a technician to take a look at the device. I would recommend contacting a local service center in your area. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

View solution in context

0 Likes