Original topic:

Samsung Update BUG

(Topic created on: 8/17/19 3:11 AM)
Yuda
Asteroid
Options
Computers

Hi!

I have a Samsung Notebook9 Spin lap-top (NP940X3L) with Windows 10 Home.

Recently, "Samsung Update" has suddenly stopped working.

I can launch the program, but beside that, it doesn't work at all.

I have already tried the "REPAIR" options in the 'control panel -> programs' and it didn't work.

HELP PLEASE!!!

Thanks!

Yuda

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungRei
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Computers

Most likely the pre-installed version was outdated, which is why downloading the version from the app store corrected the issue.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

0 Likes
7 Replies
waveguide
Constellation
Options
Computers

What do you mean by "it doesn't work at all"? Does it show the spinning ring of dots forever?

Is your Internet connection set as a metered connection? I found I had to turn that off while running Samsung Update for it to work.

0 Likes
Yuda
Asteroid
Options
Computers

I mean that after I launch the program, I cannot update any of the programs that need to be updated. The 'update' option just doesn't work (the button just won't respond).

In addition, the whole program is acting strange. I can't quite explain it, but it seems like there's a general malfunction: it works slower than it used to, the 'search' bar doesn't work and seems to have some kind of bug...

0 Likes
SamsungRei
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Computers

Have you tried to uninstall Samsung Update and then Reinstall it? https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/samsung-update/9nq3hdb99vbf?SilentAuth=1&wa=wsignin1.0

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
Yuda
Asteroid
Options
Computers

The bug is in the pre-installed 'Samsung update' (see image).

I've already downloaded the Microsoft store app. It solved the problem of updating softwares, but I was still wondering about that bug in the original software...

0 Likes
Solution
SamsungRei
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Computers

Most likely the pre-installed version was outdated, which is why downloading the version from the app store corrected the issue.

View solution in context

0 Likes
Yuda
Asteroid
Options
Computers

OK!

So I'll just keep using the microsoft app.

Thanks!

0 Likes
SamsungRei
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Computers

You are welcome! Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

0 Likes