Original topic:

Samsung Update only shows option for Windows 8 and WIndows 8.1, despite my OS being Windows 10.

(Topic created: 08-25-2021 10:10 AM)
MyUsernamesThis
Astronaut
Options
Computers

I want to update my drivers (and other stuff) using Samsung Update. I inputted my computer's model in the first box, but in the second box, I'm only allowed to select Windows 8 and Windows 8.1, but my OS is Windows 10, so I believe something critical will happen (such as downgrading; especially because I intend to update Graphics Driver, Chipset, etc). Do note that this is an old device (around 9 years old). 

Basically.. Samsung Update doesn't allow me to get drivers from Windows 10 (which is my OS).

I'm very suspicious and try to be as careful when dealing with this kind of stuff. I don't wanna "lose" this notebook to something that is optional.

userDdLRSK5WBG_0-1629909374629.png

0 Likes
3 Replies
MyUsernamesThis
Astronaut
Options
Computers

Is this an issue on my end or unintended..

0 Likes
MyUsernamesThis
Astronaut
Options
Computers

Nevermind. This is an issue on my end. My model is not compatible with Samsung Update 🤡

0 Likes
SamsungLou
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Computers

No problem. I am glad that you figured it out.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes