JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung galaxy book blinking blue light

(Topic created: 07-10-2021 09:02 AM)
user0ctO6xZFda
Constellation
Options
Computers

So I have a Samsung galaxy book ( model: NP950XDB-KB2US) and my charger stopped working and started to blink blue rapidly. So I got a brand new Samsung charger to no avail. The laptop led light still works as it is blinking blue intermittently. But no matter what I do, I can't get the laptop to turn on. I've tried the power button for 30 seconds and the volume down + power button for 10 seconds etc. None of these solutions seem to fix the problem. The only thing I haven't tried is removing the battery. But seeing as how I spent 1000$ on this thing I'm def not gonna go digging around "under the hood" Any help would be GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!! I don't wanna have to send it to Samsung and be without my laptop for who knows how long 😞 PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Computers

Hello, I understand how this may be a cause for concern and want to make sure you have tried the following below? 

• If your PC turns on but the screen stays blank, see our guide for specific troubleshooting. You can tell if the PC has powered on by if any lights come on or fans start blowing.
  • If the PC turns on but the battery will not charge, shut down the PC and let it charge with the computer not running. Sometimes Windows can prevent charging. If it still does not charge when the PC is off, visit our Support Center to request service.
  1. Test the outlet.

Plug something else into the outlet the power cable or charger was in, like a phone charger or lamp. Or, plug the power cable into an outlet you know is working.

2. With the charger unplugged, remove the battery and reinsert it (applicable models only).

Some models have the ability to remove their battery. If yours does, then disconnect the charger and the battery for 30 seconds, then put the battery back in and connect the charger. Wait 1 minute and then try to turn on the computer.

3. Check the charger or power cable's connections.

Make sure the power cord is plugged in properly at both ends. Some cords are in two parts with an adapter in the middle, make sure that connection is secure, too.

If the troubleshooting steps did not help above then this will require service, you have a couple of options based on your warranty. 

- If your device was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange processes.
- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service processed. 
- If you're within the one year warranty, you can Private message me or one of our moderators to have service processed
- If you're OUT of warranty, for depot type products (Soundbars, Home Theater Systems, tablets, ect.) that require to be shipped we recommend you speak with our depot team for pricing and to have the service set up: 1-310-669-4334.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

0 Likes
4 Replies
userPRfDbBug0L
Constellation
Options
Computers
I am having the same issue with my Galaxy Book Pro 360. If you have Samsung Care take it into Best Buy that's what I was told by an Samsung agent.
userdSHr0J2M1s
Astronaut
Options
Computers

I have same problem with same device! anyone has solution for this problem?

Solution
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Computers

Hello, I understand how this may be a cause for concern and want to make sure you have tried the following below? 

• If your PC turns on but the screen stays blank, see our guide for specific troubleshooting. You can tell if the PC has powered on by if any lights come on or fans start blowing.
  • If the PC turns on but the battery will not charge, shut down the PC and let it charge with the computer not running. Sometimes Windows can prevent charging. If it still does not charge when the PC is off, visit our Support Center to request service.
  1. Test the outlet.

Plug something else into the outlet the power cable or charger was in, like a phone charger or lamp. Or, plug the power cable into an outlet you know is working.

2. With the charger unplugged, remove the battery and reinsert it (applicable models only).

Some models have the ability to remove their battery. If yours does, then disconnect the charger and the battery for 30 seconds, then put the battery back in and connect the charger. Wait 1 minute and then try to turn on the computer.

3. Check the charger or power cable's connections.

Make sure the power cord is plugged in properly at both ends. Some cords are in two parts with an adapter in the middle, make sure that connection is secure, too.

If the troubleshooting steps did not help above then this will require service, you have a couple of options based on your warranty. 

- If your device was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange processes.
- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service processed. 
- If you're within the one year warranty, you can Private message me or one of our moderators to have service processed
- If you're OUT of warranty, for depot type products (Soundbars, Home Theater Systems, tablets, ect.) that require to be shipped we recommend you speak with our depot team for pricing and to have the service set up: 1-310-669-4334.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userVA3SXg4Alg
Astronaut
Options
Computers

My np730qcj wouldn't boot up, blinking blue light. Took off back panel with power cord unattached, removed battery cable from input on motherboard, plugged in power cord and it booted right up!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzhAdN9DEFo shows how to take back panel off and disconnect battery

This videp is a tear down on a Samsung Galaxy Book Flex. You will get to see step by step on how to disassemble Samsung Galaxy Book Flex laptop. The model for this is: - Samsung Galaxy Book Flex - Samsung Galaxy NP730QCJ-K03US How to clone M.2 SSD to larger M.2 SSD - https://youtu.be/Gdqvzl0bEHs​
0 Likes