cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Samsung galaxy chromebook battery

Is there any talk of Samsung replacing the battery in the new galaxy chromebook with a better battery or giving the option of a FHD screen to making th battery last longer.  I was going to buy one, but I can't now with the battery only lasting 4-5 hours.  

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Samsung galaxy chromebook battery

I just received my Galaxy Chromebook from Samsung yesterday. It is a beautiful device, well made, a joy to type on, and the best display I have seen on a laptop.  My only issue is the battery life. So far, I am only getting about 3- 4.5 hours of battery life. This is not so bad now with the lockdown in effect; when it's over, I am not sure if this masterpiece of a Chromebook will suit my needs when I am out and about. If there is any way to increase the battery life to 6-7 hours, let me know. I can at least work with that.

Highlighted
Constellation

Yeah.. That is why I'm hesitant to buy one. I was really looking forward to getting it too.  But I can't live with that short of battery life.  I wish they would have thought more about that and either made the display like the pixelbook go or a bigger battery.  I want a 2 in1 with a stylus.  I prefer samsung products though. This is disappointing..  Hopefully they'll work on fixing it.

Highlighted
Product Expert

Hi @userTTdviN1QXW 

Here a few tips you can try to get more out of your battery.

Adjust your screen’s brightness - When you’re just casually browsing, though, you’ll
get more out of a charge if you adjust your display brightness as needed. Also, you can take advantage of night mode that adjusts the screen based on what time in the day you are using the device to extend your charge even further.

Lock the screen when the device is inactive - Click on the bottom right settings area and then the lock button to lock Chrome when device is not in use. This allows Chrome to go in sleep mode and conserve battery.

Make sure to remove unneeded devices - Devices like phones or headphones draw power when connected to USB ports. If you don’t need to transfer power over, make sure to unplug them.

Close out unneeded web pages or applications - A lot of web pages and apps draw power by continually refreshing. You can close these apps if you’re not using them by pressing on the Windows Switcher Key, then close out the unneeded apps.

Close out unneeded web pages or applications - A lot of web pages and apps draw power by continually refreshing. You can close these apps if you’re not using them by pressing on the Windows Switcher Key, then close out the unneeded apps.

Hope this helps in any way. 

Highlighted
Constellation

Can we expect any ffix from Samsug?

Highlighted
Astronaut

I've read they were working together on the situation to help improve battery performance.

Highlighted
Astronaut

There is a way to boost an extra couple hours of battery performance for the web browser in the chrome://flags [ enable Experimental Javascript ]  been working great for me so far.  Basically anything pertaining to web browing, online gaming, movies, Google suits work great.  It doesn't help with downloaded apps and games however, I still get around 4 hours on those.

Also, using dark mode helps as well, because AMOLED blacks are liturally turned off, when you use dark mode for browsing and other apps, that saves power as well.