cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userhkDiFrh8sm
Astronaut

Samsung has stolen my refund

I have an issue with Samsung. I bought a brand-new Series 9 laptop in summer of 2019. The laptop was good, but the battery never lasted more than 3-4 hours, although it was rated at closer to 10 hours.

I returned the laptop to Samsung in August for a repair. They said they replaced the battery, but when I received it again with a new battery, the battery length never improved. I sent it for one more repair and then Samsung said they couldn't replace the computer (because had none in stock), so they would issue a refund. That was in late August.

Since then, I have called over 100 times. They asked me for the proof of purchase, which I submitted on September 30th. I have called over 100 times to see about the refund, but people have only offered excuses. I was told in October 8th that the refund was finally processed and have a text message saying the check would arrive in 7 days. I never received it. Since that time, I have called 2-3 times per week, and every time I call they tell me the refund was canceled. Nobody has ever told me why or explained. I have spent about 80 hours trying to see what is going on. In essence, Samsung has basically stolen my refund.

Every time I call, people say they are sorry about my experience and understand. The case has been escalated over 10 times to a manager. One manager got my phone number and said he would sort out the issue. That was in early October. Since then, nobody can explain why the refund always gets canceled, but it is clear I am never getting my $1200 back. Samsung has effectively taken my brand-new computer back and managed to fraudulently cheat their way into stealing my refund. There is nothing I can do. They have also a few times had an "error" while processing the refund, but when I called them after a few weeks they said there's nothing they could do. They've repeatedly told me they would call me "within 24-48 hours" but never do. Every single time I call or chat online, they say they are escalating the case. But every single time the refund never appears and I find out later it was canceled. I have just given up, and Samsung has won. They will get to steal my money. Congratulations, they are thieves.

2 REPLIES 2
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Samsung has stolen my refund

I apologize for your negative experience. Please send a private message with any ticket numbers you may have so I can look into this for you. http://bit.ly/2XERsky

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Samsung has stolen my refund

Good afternoon! I wanted to follow up with you to see if you are still in need of assistance?

Please note, the email notification is a do not reply address and we are unable to access the information there.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.