Original topic:

Screen Cracked By Itself on Galaxy Book Pro 360

(Topic created: 10-06-2021 10:04 AM)
musepharaoh
Comet
Options
Computers
I already made a post about this and it got a good amount of views but Samsung didn't wanna listen to the problems we've been having with our galaxy books so here I am again telling you about the problem. I have had my Galaxy Book Pro 360 for well over 2 months now and I've been trying to get QuickShare to work but it just won't unless I reset my phone and network settings but even then, it only works for an hour or so before breaking again. It's ridiculous and Samsung should not advertise a feature as quick and easy to use when it's been nothing but a headache. Also, I've taken really good care of my Galaxy Book Pro 360. I only use it at a desk and I am careful when opening and closing it since the lid is flimsy and wobbles when you open it. I went to use the laptop today only to find long thin cracks across the screen. And I haven't even done anything harsh to the laptop that would cause a crack. It just cracked over night!!! I saw a thread on Samsungs website where others were having the same problem and it seems to be because of how thin the screen is and the wobble creating tension on the glass every time you open and close it no matter how careful you are. The worst thing is that I have to pay out of pocket to fix the screen since it's not considered a manufacturer defect on Samsungs side even though they managed to make a laptop screen that literally cracks if you use the laptop!!! This is the last time I'll ever buy a Samsung laptop because they don't know how to make something thin and light while maintaining structural integrity. If anyone at Samsung gets this, please test your product's durability for an extended period of time before releasing them to the general public. It was a great laptop too, that's the saddest part.🤧😥
18 Replies
userRHcT2Uhzaa
Constellation
Options
Computers

Bought mine straight from Samsung website and screen cracked after 45 days of light use.  Called Samsung and they told me that it would not be covered under warranty, but send it in.  Once they got it, their tech team called and said it would be $409 to replace the screen.  I was real heated, so I made a bunch of phone calls to Samsung to receive the same outcome in the end.  Pay or they will send it back to me as is.  I have been a long time advocate for Samsung starting with my first purchase of the "SKYROCKET" phone.  Then bought every single note and galaxy phone that came after that.  Paying full retail out of pocket straight from their website everytime.  So I feel some kind of way when they cant take care of my manufacture defective screen on a $1500 computer that is only 45 days old.  Any way...as soon as it comes back to me from tech team it will be going on EBAY!!  I will lose almost a full $1000 on this transaction...SUPER **bleep** SAMSUNG!!! **NOTE** it was by far one of the best performing Samsung devices that i ever owned in these last 10 years of purchases***

musepharaoh
Comet
Options
Computers
Yea same here. When I get it back, it's going straight on eBay. Hope I can at least get $1000 back but idk if many know about this flaw in the design yet. It's so crazy, I'm surprised they aren't facing any legal battles over this yet. Maybe soon.
musepharaoh
Comet
Options
Computers
Yea just got a new quote to fix it for $375 but I'm just gonna take it somewhere else and see if they can fix it for less. Honestly one of the worst things to happen to any tech I've owned. Never had a cracked screen or any damage to any of my devices besides scratches before. Oh well, guess I just gotta get another laptop which definitely WON'T be a Samsung again, that's for sure!
ArtDesk
Nebula
Options
Computers
Is this the 15 inch model that is cracking? I have the 13 inch and so far so good since May. I'm trying to imagine how that could happen. Heat issue maybe? My screen is sturdy and gorgeous.

My issue is with quick share, 2nd screen and the connectivity is sketchy sometimes but these problems are Windows updates. Every update the experience gets worse.
musepharaoh
Comet
Options
Computers
Yeah I'm having a problem with quickshare too but I think the screen cracked from flex in the thin display when opening, closing, and flipping into tablet mode. The glass seems to have worn out from use even though I've been using it lightly. It's unfortunate, that's for sure but I guess I just have to deal with it.
0 Likes
ArtDesk
Nebula
Options
Computers
Is this the 15 inch model?
musepharaoh
Comet
Options
Computers
13 inch
0 Likes
ArtDesk
Nebula
Options
Computers
That's the one i have but my screen is not flimsy at all. It's pretty solid. I'm in shock about your screen. Does your laptop get hot? I keep mine elevated on a laptop stand so when the fan turns on there is good circulation. Mine has gotten hot a few times when i first got it. Stuck on a window sill, open window, to cool it down fast.
0 Likes
musepharaoh
Comet
Options
Computers
No not at all. It stays cool most of the time and does not give me any problems. The overall engineering of the laptop is great I just might have a defect.
0 Likes