Original topic:

Serious issues with Wacom digitizer on Galaxy Pro 360 13"

(Topic created: 06-01-2021 08:14 PM)
usercoxe3Qaxpx
Cosmic Ray
Options
Computers

Not sure if this is a defect on my unit, or all. Anyone else having this?
Use any graphic application that supports S-Pen tools with pressure sensitivity (OneNote will work), there is distortion near the longitudinal edges of the display panel; most pronounced along the thin bezel and especially in the vicinity of the camera lens. With stroke pressure/speed constant, the lines thin when approaching the edges (see attached file created in Sketchbook Pro). You must use a pressure sensitive brush or pencil. No time yet to get to the store to check against the demo, and Samsung support went nowhere. This is a big deal if using the unit for drawing. Test Image.jpg

0 Likes
4 Replies
usercoxe3Qaxpx
Cosmic Ray
Options
Computers

Update: I did some testing at Best Buy and answered my own question. Yes, they all have this defect. I otherwise love this laptop, but not sure I can accept this on a "premium" device to use for drawing. I was hoping Samsung finally got it together on S-Pen laptops, but apparently not quite yet. Below a few samples. The last is a sample from a Dell Inspiron, to show how clean it should look.20210525_175232.jpg20210525_182523.jpg20210525_184304.jpgInspiron.jpg

0 Likes
ArtDesk
Explorer
Options
Computers
Not having any issues have the same model. I'm using Autodesk sketchbook and I illustrate.
0 Likes
ArtDesk
Explorer
Options
Computers
Just tried it in Autodesk Sketchbook my 360 is not doing that, might be the software.
0 Likes
usercoxe3Qaxpx
Cosmic Ray
Options
Computers

Thanks for checking. My first file above is done in Sketchbook Pro...to your suggestion, how could this be software? The rest in no frills OneNote; same results with Clip Studio and Open Canvas. At the risk of stating the obvious, did you orient such that your menus are not along the webcam longitudinal edge? Did you use a pressure sensitive pencil or pen, adjusted wide?

I'm guessing Samsung is making hardware tradeoffs to accommodate the webcam, thin bezels, and a thin panel, marketing to notetakers who use landscape mode with menus at the top. I would advise anyone thinking about this as a pressure sensitive line art drawing tool to test it carefully as outlined above. I'm also not enamored with the S-Pen for drawing, but that's personal preference.

0 Likes