cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Asteroid

Speakers in the Galaxy Book Flex alpha

I have purchased a Galaxy Book Flex alpha with the I7 and 12G of ram. I am typing now on its very nice keyboard.  The screen if very nice, and is the main feature that drew me to this machine. I have one major problem, however, the speaker sound level. The sound is never loud, but it is often too soft to be usable. I think I have looked for and tried every level adjustment available and no improvement.

For example, I was watching a streamed program from my Tivo but moderate background noises in the kitchen made it impossible to hear more than two or three feet away. I switched to my S5e tablet (a great device) and I could easily make the sound too loud. I could easily hear it from several feet away with very clear audio. I almost returned the alpha because of this but I liked everything but this so I kept it.

The speakers come nowhere near to distorting. In fact, I think that the major problem is that the level to the speaker just can't reach the level it should. I looked for new Realtek drivers but found none. I wonder if a software update, like new drivers for the speakers, could solve this problem. With the great screen this device has, watching videos should be great. The picture is great, but the sound is not adequate. If I use my bluetooth earbuds or send to video to my tv by Chromecast, everything is fine but I think that the speaker output should be improved.

4 REPLIES 4
Asteroid

Re: Speakers in the Galaxy Book Flex alpha

More information. I found some content that had a high sound level. When I put this on the flex alpha, the speaker sound level was good. Not as good as my S5e but acceptable. I think that something is limiting the maximum amplication of the signal to the speakers.

Constellation

Initially posted June 10, 2020 and now it is July 29, 2020 with no response from the Community.  Wow, that's pretty sad.  I guess I won't waste my time posting my question.

As to your question, I'm not sure.  My Flex Alpha gets delivered Friday or Saturday.  

Many (most?) laptops come installed with an equalizer App.  Not sure what comes with the Galaxy Book.  If you can locate it, try boosting the sound levels for ALL frequencies.  That worked wonders for my Acer Swift 3 laptop.

If you can't find the app, try searching for "equalizer" on your Windows Task Bar (lower left corner of your screen).  If there are no equalizer functions, then you can try installing a brand new app.   Try this YouTube video:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6sr7_0qMXk8

BE SURE TO READ THE COMMENTS BELOW THE VIDEO, TO GIVE YOU A BETTER FEEL OF WHAT YOU MAY BE GETTING INTO.

How to install DTS Audio 2019 on any Windows 7, Windows 8.1 , Windows 10 PC .App & Driver ( Google Drive ) - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1WTIeouuIyioTWJ...
Constellation

I have the same problem, if you find any solution, please let me know. 

Constellation

I am struggling w/ low sound on my Flex PC too!!!  I have to use a bluetooth speaker to hear most of the time. This is not right!