Original topic:

Terrible support found for galaxy book

(Topic created: 11-02-2021 09:57 PM)
nevillenazerane
Asteroid
Options
Computers

I couldn't get my spen working right (at least I thought it wasn't working right) on my galaxy book 360 since the day I bought it. Since purchase, I had updated all drivers and the OS and restarted multiple times. So, finally I decided to contact samsungs "support" for galaxy book. However, the support for this was far too pathetic. 

First I tried the chat on samsung.com. The AI asked me a series of questions. When I finally managed to mention I had a problem with my galaxy book, I was brought back to the first question. Once again I started answering the same questions. The second time around, the option "galaxy book" was no longer available to select. 👍 👍🤐

Once I realized the online chat was pointless, I tried the SMS chat option I found. I got connected to a human right away. However, here were the steps he suggested: 

1. Asked if I ran all updates. I said I did and restarted several times. 
  2. Asked me to reset the "device". I refused saying the issue was too small to factory reset the device
  3. Next he asked me to get a replacement claiming that "we" have confirmed the device is faulty. 

Firstly, the fact that he was initially calling it "device" leads me to believe that this is a very generic support for troubleshooting any issue on any device with 3 steps: update, reset, return. Only after asked him "what device?" did he start calling it a "laptop". 

When he asked me to replace the device, I asked him openly: "If I refused it reset the device for such an issue what makes you think I am willing to return it?". This also makes me think that he ignored all my messages and copy pasted the generic troubleshooting steps. When I asked him that question, he told me "my hands are tied" and went ahead trying to troubleshoot the issue further. All he did was ask questions around "have you updated" rephrased in various ways. 

After answering questions repeatedly a couple of times, I got tired and did a deeper research on the internet with some key words I just thought of.  I did find the solution for what I was looking for.

So, overall is this really the support we get for this well marketed laptop with the famous spen that samsung has had for years? I understand there are paid support options, but does that mean the free support needs to be in this condition? If yes, what is the point of having support? Why not fire these robot employees and save some money and save your customers the time they waste trying to contact them. Instead have a simple message on the website saying "if you don't pay for support, we don't offer you any. Just update your laptop and pray". 

6 Replies
userC4yNOSob2F
Asteroid
Options
Computers
Contacting Samsung Support will make you lose your sanity.
ArtDesk
Comet
Options
Computers
Did you get a Windows update? And, what does your pen and ink settings say in the Windows setting menu? Did you hover the pen over the screen on the righthand side and click the button to, or, touch the screen clicking the button? Check on Microsoft store to see if you have updates.
0 Likes
nevillenazerane
Asteroid
Options
Computers
I know I had written quite a bit and made it quite confusing. The point of my post was how pointless the support was. I figured out the issue with my pen. I didn't know the pen didn't work with bluetooth and had to be held close to the screen for air commands. I was holding it away like I use it in the rest of my devices and thought there was an issue with the pen.
0 Likes
ArtDesk
Comet
Options
Computers
Oh, I get it. Support used to be good. But lately they act like they do not like their jobs. The whole world has changed for that matter and not for the better.
nevillenazerane
Asteroid
Options
Computers
its more like they like the job... just don't know how to do it. He did seem worried when I showed my discontent. Just not the sharpest and had no idea what to do to help.

Its like samsung is hiring really cheap outsourced support.
0 Likes
ArtDesk
Comet
Options
Computers
I can use my tab s7 pen :pen: or my note20 pen on my 360.
0 Likes