Original topic:

The app can't run on the PC

(Topic created: 06-26-2018 12:05 PM)
PhiSL
Constellation
Options
Computers
Hello,
I have this weird problem. When I try to open a Microsoft Access database document (MDB) I get an error: The app can't run on your PC (Samsung Gaming NP800G5M-X01US Notebook).
This started after I upgraded from the trial Win 8.1 to the full release of 8.1 a couple of weeks ago. I'm using Microsoft Office 2016, and everything else works fine, Word, PowerPoint, etc. For some reason my system was associating MDB file with Adobe Reader, but I fixed that by right-clicking and using open with. But the file still will not open in Access. I've tried uninstalling Office and re-installing. No help. 
Any suggestions ? Thanks
0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Moore19
Constellation
Options
Computers

Set up Office apps for the first time:
Tap any Office app Access to launch it.
Enter your email address and tap the arrow.

[IMG]
Enter the Passwordassociated with your email address > tap Sign in.
[IMG]

Tap Start using Access to get started with the app.
To add another account, tap Open (or Open other documents if you're on a tablet) > Add a place.
If you are using OneNote, tap Settings > Accounts.
Choose the cloud service you want to add, such as OneDrive for business or Dropbox.

[IMG]

Enter your email address and password that you use to sign into that service. For any issues related with Access recovery take a look at this method.
I hope the above information helps.

View solution in context

3 Replies
SamsungGill
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Computers

If everything else is working correctly, we do recommend contacting Microsoft. Please also ensure that all Samsung Updates are installed, you can find the software here: Link

0 Likes
TheDaniel
Comet
Options
Computers

If you open access then try to open your file with it, does it give you a different error message?

---My Signature---
If you're anticipating a follow up to one of my posts, please like my post or tag me. I don't generally go back to posts I have replied to unless I get pointed there.
0 Likes
Solution
Moore19
Constellation
Options
Computers

Set up Office apps for the first time:
Tap any Office app Access to launch it.
Enter your email address and tap the arrow.

[IMG]
Enter the Passwordassociated with your email address > tap Sign in.
[IMG]

Tap Start using Access to get started with the app.
To add another account, tap Open (or Open other documents if you're on a tablet) > Add a place.
If you are using OneNote, tap Settings > Accounts.
Choose the cloud service you want to add, such as OneDrive for business or Dropbox.

[IMG]

Enter your email address and password that you use to sign into that service. For any issues related with Access recovery take a look at this method.
I hope the above information helps.

View solution in context