Original topic:

USA Samsung Laptop not charging in India

(Topic created: 03-27-2020 12:43 AM)
userIqfJYlj9bJ
Constellation
Options
Computers

Hello, 

When I was in USA I had a Samsung laptop which had a lot of wear and tear. I moved to India last year and continued to use my Samsung laptop with a power adapter. Some problem seemed to creep up with the charger/power cord of my Samsung laptiop as it began to charge only when held at a certain angle. I quickly transferred my data to a Dell laptop (bought in the middle east, I also use it with a power adapter in India) through Google drive. Eventually, the American Samsung laptop stopped charging altogether, presumably because the charger/power cord stopped working.  

I just discovered that I did not transfer an important file from my old Samsung computer (which does not charge anymore) to my new Dell computer. What can I do to get my old American Samsung computer working in India? Is there a chance that I could buy a charger for my American Samsung laptop in India? If not, is it possible to transfer files from my old laptop to new without the old computer switching on?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you. 

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Joellem
Product Expert
Options
Computers

Hi @userIqfJYlj9bJ 

thank you for your inquiry. for your laptop charger, there should be a couple of 3rd party stores that sell Samsung chargers near your area but if you couldn't find any you can purchase it on Newegg India or amazon India make sure that you specify the exact model of your laptop and check the photos to see if the charger looks like the old one you have.  if they don't have the specific Samsung charger there is a couple of good universal charger brands that will be compatible with your Samsung laptop.

just read all of the information on the old charger before buying and ordering a new one 

hopefully, this will help with you 

Be sure to click " ✔ Accept as Solution" When you find an answer that works for you

View solution in context

0 Likes
2 Replies
Solution
Joellem
Product Expert
Options
Computers

Hi @userIqfJYlj9bJ 

thank you for your inquiry. for your laptop charger, there should be a couple of 3rd party stores that sell Samsung chargers near your area but if you couldn't find any you can purchase it on Newegg India or amazon India make sure that you specify the exact model of your laptop and check the photos to see if the charger looks like the old one you have.  if they don't have the specific Samsung charger there is a couple of good universal charger brands that will be compatible with your Samsung laptop.

just read all of the information on the old charger before buying and ordering a new one 

hopefully, this will help with you 

Be sure to click " ✔ Accept as Solution" When you find an answer that works for you

View solution in context

0 Likes
userIqfJYlj9bJ
Constellation
Options
Computers

Thanks so much!

0 Likes