Original topic:

USB-C to display cord issue with PBP mode

(Topic created on: 1/15/21 6:56 PM)
userOmhziJSOsP
Constellation
Options
Computers

I have a gaming laptop with an rtx 2070 gpu. I run the samsung odyssey crg9 49" using a usb-c to display port cable. In full screen mode it works and looks great.  When i switch to PBP mode, it also looks and works great except 1 thing. I have a blinking bullsey message that keeps popping up stating to check my cable to make sure its attached.  So somehow in PBP mode the monitor thinks it needs to display this error even though it is working perfectly fine.  There is no way to make this stop or shut it off.  
again, in full screen mode it works flawlessly.  This is a brand new, very expensive cable used to run up to 8k.  The cable is not the issue.  Its the monitor. 
anyone know if there have been other experiencing this?  Im trying to decide if there is a fix to hope for or if I should return it and get a different brand monitor.  
my laptop doesnt have a display port, it has usbc, so there is no fox for this on that side of things.  
any help would be appreciated.  

2 Replies
userof4QTyBlfL
Astronaut
Options
Computers

I'm having the exact same issue but it's only just started happening recently - full screen and no problems, but when I go to PBP, regardless of the screen working, i'm getting the 'Check Signal Cable' warning. 

No settings have been changed on the monitor or MacBook Pro, only recent addition is adding another HDMI in the back so the 2 HDMI's and DP are now all in use and I (wanted) to be able to flick between. 

Any help appreciated!

usera82GNYvoAA
Astronaut
Options
Computers

I'm seeing this too; all of the sudden and pretty recently my PIP screen is working fine but has a flashing reticle that says "Check the cable connection"

0 Likes