cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Want to blow computer up!

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We own an all-in-one desktop Samsung computer. It is pretty old probably vintage 2008.  It is driving me crazy! I can print to my brother printer but I can't scan into  the computer. I get frequent error messages that I do not have permission to print, or scan, or open a file,or open a picture . I have transferred all the files from my desktop into an external hard drive and I am thinking about putting the Samsung set up disc back in the computer to see what happens. If anybody else has better ideas I would appreciate it. TIA!

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Want to blow computer up!

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userRmaXgRvtme 

All those things are related to software, and are more of a Windows issue than Samsung. Since you already backed up your files, in my opinions the best option is to reinstall Windows, or if you have Windows 10, you can do a system restore. In any case, if you're not sure what's involved in that, I recommend taking a computer to a professional like a local PC repair service. 

If my post answered your question, please be sure to accept it as solution so other users can find answers quicker. And give it a Like. Thanks

Geno71-Ambassador-Signature2-1

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userRmaXgRvtme 

All those things are related to software, and are more of a Windows issue than Samsung. Since you already backed up your files, in my opinions the best option is to reinstall Windows, or if you have Windows 10, you can do a system restore. In any case, if you're not sure what's involved in that, I recommend taking a computer to a professional like a local PC repair service. 

If my post answered your question, please be sure to accept it as solution so other users can find answers quicker. And give it a Like. Thanks

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I don't have a windows disc. Can I just download a newer version than Windows 7 which is on it now??? Thank you for your help!!!

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userRmaXgRvtme 

I don't want to advise you on what to do here, but here is what I would do in your situation. I would try updating Windows to Windows 10 using the Update Assistant (LINK). Personally, I don't have any issue with Windows 10, but there are many people that still feel like Windows 7 is a better overall OS. 

If the option is available, I would select to update without preserving any files or settings (aka clean installation), and hopefully it gets the job done and all works well after it updates. I wouldn't rush to copy my data back to the computer yet, I'd test it for few days to make sure it works well, and if not, probably look for some professional help at that point as there might be some more serious hardware issues.