Asteroid

What should I get to be a developer?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Not sure what laptop I need

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: What should I get to be a developer?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Developer is quite a broad term. C++, for instance, can be done on feeble hardware like an i3 8145U (Code blocks is good for beginners). Game development on the other hand, is best done on high-end model for Unreal 4. Now, for something basic like creating themes, icon packs, and the like, you'd want a laptop that covers sRGB. 

Look at the Notebook 7 Force and Notebook Odyssey (RTX2060). If you have any additional questions mention me, that way I'll get a notification @TASTIC

If my reply has aided your issue please consider liking it. If the problem is solved you may pick it as a solution.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Developer is quite a broad term. C++, for instance, can be done on feeble hardware like an i3 8145U (Code blocks is good for beginners). Game development on the other hand, is best done on high-end model for Unreal 4. Now, for something basic like creating themes, icon packs, and the like, you'd want a laptop that covers sRGB. 

Look at the Notebook 7 Force and Notebook Odyssey (RTX2060). If you have any additional questions mention me, that way I'll get a notification @TASTIC

If my reply has aided your issue please consider liking it. If the problem is solved you may pick it as a solution.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you very much!

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Leinz further to your recommendations, I am checking out the Notebook 7 force.

There is a great deal of confusion as to whether this laptop has the 2 expansion slots for additional storage.

Take a look at these 2 very different spec sheets:

https://www.samsung.com/us/computing/windows-laptops/notebook-series-7/notebook-7-force-np760xbe-x01...

https://www.samsung.com/hk_en/pc/notebook-7-force-np760xbe-x01/

What gives? Does the USA model of the Force 7 have the 2 addtional expansion slots for storage or what?  There is no mention of it anywhere on the samsung product page.

Some people on the web say it has them, some are saying it doesnt.  Can you help clarify?

Thanks,

Jeff