JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Why does my battery drain so fast?

(Topic created: 08-27-2023 07:27 PM)
DourRuffian
Astronaut
Options
Computers
I was playing 1 game on steam (phasmophobia) and it just drained my galaxy book 3 ultra battery in like 45 mins. I thought this laptop can handle gaming. But it is terrible. How can I fix this battery issue?
0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
VerbumVeritum
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Computers
Most laptops have extremely shortened battery life while playing games (especially if these utilize most of the processor/graphics card computing power). Furthermore, it's highly recommended that, if you want to game on-the-go with a gaming laptop of any kind, to connect to a power source for maximum gaming potential.

View solution in context

2 Replies
Gossipfunda
Comet
Options
Computers

It's possible that the game's settings are causing high power consumption. Lowering graphics settings and closing background apps can help. Also, ensure your laptop is in a high-performance power mode and check for any software updates that may optimize performance.

Solution
VerbumVeritum
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Computers
Most laptops have extremely shortened battery life while playing games (especially if these utilize most of the processor/graphics card computing power). Furthermore, it's highly recommended that, if you want to game on-the-go with a gaming laptop of any kind, to connect to a power source for maximum gaming potential.