cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Windows 10 Disk management can't see the 860 EVO SSD but it's visible in BIOS and device manager

Excuse me guys, I installed this ssd and everywhere else shows its been detected, except disk manager.

I tried every third party formaters like Rufus and Magician which both cant detect the drive. Then I tried Aomei which should be the only one detects it but i have to pay extra 1/3 of the cost of the drive to format the drive. Is there any other solutions? isn't it unappropriate if samsung or win10 is causing so many bugs on a product and making customers paying extra fees?

13 REPLIES 13
Highlighted
Product Expert

Re: Windows 10 Disk management can't see the 860 EVO SSD but it's visible in BIOS and device manager

Hi userKFHDsK7LFR,

Does the SSD show up in diskpart?  Is your BIOS up to date?

Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Windows 10 Disk management can't see the 860 EVO SSD but it's visible in BIOS and device manager

Hi,

the SSD shows up in device manager>drives

but not in drive managment(which should ask me to initiate the drive immediately once i click in but it doesnt)

and my BIOS is up to date.

Thankyou

Highlighted
Product Expert

Open command prompt type diskpart and press Enter

From the diskpart prompt, type list disk and press Enter.

Let me know if the drive shows up there

Highlighted
Asteroid

it doesntSmiley Sad...

Highlighted
Product Expert

Could you provide me with a screencap of your Disk Management screen and the model number of your computer so I can investigate further?

Highlighted
Asteroid

ssd.PNGssd2.PNG

Highlighted
Asteroid

sorry for the chinese and my motherboards is H310MHD PRO

Thanks a lot

Highlighted
Product Expert

Hi userKFHDsK7LFR,

Here are a few more things you can try to do

Make sure your Chipset and Intel Serial ATA AHCI/RAID drivers are up to date.  These drivers can be found on your motherboard manufacturers website.

Right-click on the SSD in device manager, select uninstall and reboot your PC.  This should reinstall the disk driver.

Lastly, you can toggle between SATA/AHCI mode in your BIOS to see if that works.

I hope this helps!

Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Windows 10 Disk management can't see the 860 EVO SSD but it's visible in B..

Hi