JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Windows Hello Face "No compatible Windows Camera"?

(Topic created: 04-12-2021 12:31 AM)
darya8
Asteroid
Options
Computers

In September 2020 I bought the Galaxy Book Flex Alpha, and upon doing all the necessary updates, the system still shows me that Windows Hello Face is not an available sign-in option. How can this be fixed? It's a brand new laptop. 

samsung error.PNG

14 Replies
Samsung_bscf9Mj
Constellation
Options
Computers

Did you find a solution? I'm having the same problem with my galaxy book flex

Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Computers

Windows Hello Face requires a camera that can output infra-red sensors so it can map out a 3D image of your face to verify that it's you that's signing on, and not someone using a photo of you. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem like the camera that comes with the Galaxy Book Flex-alpha is capable of outputting infra-red sensors, hence why this message is popping up.

Trust me, I had a few doubts when I purchased this laptop and gave my Surface to my boyfriend. He can sign in with his face; I'm stuck with using my fingerprint. 

J-j
Constellation
Options
Computers

I have the same problem, I have done all the things listed above. Windows and Samsung updates are all done. Windows hello face still doesn't work.

not a good look for Samsung on a brand new computer

userIYzxPEBUSN
Constellation
Options
Computers

Has any solution to this issue been found? I have owned my device for less than a month and between not being able to get windows hello to work and lack of S-pen compatibility coupled with Samsung support's shady and deceptive response when inquiring about why my s-pen isn't working,  I am regretting my purchase more and more.

MrLarry
Neutron Star
Options
Computers

An Accepted Solution has been marked and provided for this thread. The thread will now be locked for further replies. in hopes to keep the integrity of the thread from steering in a non-technical manner. If you have a separate concern, feel free to post again or send one of our moderators a private message with more details. Please note duplicate posts on similar subjects starting 2/1/21, will be removed to keep our community organized and make it easier for our users to find resolutions and needed content. Remember that if you do make a post, please include as many details about your symptoms as possible. Also, make sure that your title is a good summary of the overall situation that's occurring with your product. Thank you for being part of the community!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes