JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

chromebook pro touchscreen not working-Stylus pen works but not fingers

(Topic created: 02-22-2020 08:26 AM)
user1JB7jpSmYC
Constellation
Options
Computers

The touchscreen on my Chromebook Pro suddenly stopped resonding to finger touch.

The stylus pen still works fine.

I've tried powerwashing a few times, no change.

6 Replies
Solution
MsBri1
Neutron Star
Options
Computers

At this time we can set up service for you.  If you would like to proceed with service, please provide us with your model and serial number privately to my link.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
user1JB7jpSmYC
Constellation
Options
Computers

I'm happy to report I received the repaired device and the touchscreen is working well. It took less than 2 weeks from the date I sent it in. Good experience, thanks for your assistance.

0 Likes
useruhmAfe7cWT
Astronaut
Options
Computers

Exact same problem with my chromebook Pro, worked fine the night before, tried next day and no touchscreen, but stylus works fine.  Tried cleaning the screen, powerwashing the Chromebook.  Is there any solution besides servcie?  Seems like it must be a software issue as the chromebook wasn't touched, didn't move between working and not working.

0 Likes
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Computers

Service would be recommended if you would like us to set this up for you can you send me a private message with your full model and serial number? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userh7It8ct1ma
Constellation
Options
Computers

Hello,

I have the same problem with my chromebook. 

With pen works fine , fingertips no. What seems to be the problem and how to resolve?

Please advise. Thanks

0 Likes
userCG83FViPU3
Constellation
Options
Computers

Same problem here with my Chromebook Plus. One day, finger touches stopped working on the screen. The stylus works. Very frustrating. I even did a powerwash.

0 Likes