Original topic:

missing camera driver

(Topic created: 04-10-2020 06:10 AM)
userVRLOr0luE5
Asteroid
Options
Computers

Dear all,

The camera on my Notebook 9 isn't working. I have checked many things, and the problem seems to be that the camera driver somehow has gotten deleted. It is downright missing - not showing up in the Device Manager or anywhere.

How do I fix this? I can't use the software updater because there is nothing to update. My laptop's type number is: NP900X5L.

Thanks in advance!

Geert 

7 Replies
Mark_Mc
Astronaut
Options
Computers

You can try downloading driver booster it would perform and online and download or update missing drivers on your PC

0 Likes
userVRLOr0luE5
Asteroid
Options
Computers

Thanks! I tried that but driver booster did not identify my missing driver. It only came up with updates of drivers that are present on my computer. Any idea where I can find and download the missing driver? I have googled in vain so far.

0 Likes
SamsungRei
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Computers

I am sorry to hear of your concern. Have you tried downloading the software from here? https://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/product/np900x5l

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userVRLOr0luE5
Asteroid
Options
Computers

I tried this, and have downloaded the SWUpdate. But when I start setup, my laptop says "An administrator" is blocking it. Who can that be? I am my laptop's only user.

0 Likes
Solution
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Computers

Record protect mode may be turned on to turn recording protect mode off, select the Start button → Samsung → Samsung Settings → Privacy Protection → Block Recording, and set the slide bar to Medium or below. If this does not help then you can also go to your privacy settings by going to the start menu and privacy and on the left sidebar on that menu there will be camera options and you should be able to see if the camera is turned off or on. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

userVRLOr0luE5
Asteroid
Options
Computers

That is it! Fantastic! This took me a week to solve but your suggestion did it. I had no idea there were Samsung settings besides the windows settings.

Many, many thanks!

0 Likes
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Computers

You are very welcome please feel free to reach out if you have any questions! 

0 Likes