cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

my screen gradually goes dark green and magenta with black stripes until it completely goes dark and

my laptop screen suddenly goes green and  magenta with black stripes until Completely goes dark and I need to tap the screen several times to make it come back this is an ongoing situation 

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: my screen gradually goes dark green and magenta with black stripes until it completely goes d...

Confirm that the stripes are not part of screensaver settings.

If so, disable the screen saver:

1. Click the Start button then Control panel.
  2. Double click the Display icon to open up the Display Properties screen.
  3. Click on the Screen Saver tab.
  4. Change the Screen saver drop-down box to (None) and then click on the Apply button.

Make sure the unit has not been dropped and that there are no damages to the screen.

If you have confirmed the following information above and the stripes still appear, service is required.

To proceed with service feel free to contact our phone support line at 1-800-Samsung to have the service set up for you or you can use the following link below to request service.

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.