Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

notebook touchpad problems - NP900X3J-KW1BR

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello,

I have a Samsung NP900X3J-KW1BR bought in 2018 running Windows 10. I recently updated to the last windows update. My problem is with the touchpad driver - without a driver, the touchpad is mediocre, the gestures do not work; it's a little jerky, difficult to select, and does not allow scrolling. There are two touchpad drivers listed on the Samsung website for my model. When I install either (or both) of them, the touchpad ceases to function (it can still select erratically, but the pointer will not move). Could another driver be interfering? Is there an updated driver I need ?  Samsung update feature says it is all updated, A USB mouse works perfectly in all scenarios, so I know the issue is with the touchpad interface itself. And no, there is no damage to the touchpad (it worked perfectly before wiping my laptop).

From device manager:

Mice and other pointing devices:

- HID-compliant mouse

- PS/2 Compatible Mouse

Both these drivers are up to date, according to Windows, however it dates from 2006 ??!!!! 

The local support, (brazil) says that I should recover the system and then see if fixes. It does, I did, however if updated again I lose the touchpad functionality. They want me to turn off the windows update, however, don´t like that for obvious security reasons…

Thanks very much for any help!

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Asteroid

Re: notebook touchpad problems - NP900X3J-KW1BR

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So after a few weeks suffering, got access to remote support from the online suppport service app; The techniccian discovered from the devices manager, that there was a driver under human interface devices that was causing a problem, the SAMSUNG PPT COMPONENT DEVICE; So we updated it trough automatic update under settings of the driver, then went to samsung update, exported the related driver from it, then clicked setup, uninstalled and re-installed, and then it solved the problem.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: notebook touchpad problems - NP900X3JC

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Could you provide the full model of the laptop?  Are the option for SWUpdate on the computer?  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

NP900X3J-KW1BR

Don´t know whats swupdate; I got installed smasung update app, wich says everything is updated...

Cheers

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Unfortunately, there are no additional updates if everything that Samsung updates states that everything is up to date. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Isn´t there any way to let samsung know about the problem and try to fix?

I got 2 notebooks same model in the office with the same situation... thats really frustrating...

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The information has been forwarded but we have limited support available for non-US devices.  

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Can´t you try and let the brazilian branch be aware of the problem?

They treat you like as if you are incompetent downhere, insisting that i should recover and if it doesnt work should send it to them... i try and explain that it is not practical, that they will receive, recover, it will work, and then send me back.

windows will update and then i´ll have lost 2 weeks of life.

The 2 notebooks by the way, both, had to be sent to samsung for repairs, both of them had problems on the flash disk and had to be repaired...

Really a shame, on some gear that should, if not top of the line, something close to that, by the price that they charge for it...

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We would recommend posting your feedback regarding this on the Brazil Community pages: https://r1.community.samsung.com/t5/Brasil/ct-p/br?profile.language=pt-br

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

no answer whatsoever in the brazilian foruns... 

Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So after a few weeks suffering, got access to remote support from the online suppport service app; The techniccian discovered from the devices manager, that there was a driver under human interface devices that was causing a problem, the SAMSUNG PPT COMPONENT DEVICE; So we updated it trough automatic update under settings of the driver, then went to samsung update, exported the related driver from it, then clicked setup, uninstalled and re-installed, and then it solved the problem.

View solution in original post