cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

np900x4d software problem win 10 1909

My notebook np900x4d -  k01EE laptop after ssd card change and a new licenced win 10 1909 is not working. There is no function to the Fn keys due to the software absence in samsung update app. What can I do to make my keys function again? Because I cannot control keybord backlight nor screen light and many other wital programming. 

I did try what app suggested for win 10 1607 and downloaded a punch of drivers and updates hoping anything would work. I am not a tech person per say, but surely desperate to make it work (it is already a second windows install, and I dont want to make it a third, if possible. I guess only last option is to downgrade win 10 even more?)

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: np900x4d software problem win 10 1909

Thank you so much for reaching out! This forum is for support of US products and customers. As your product is a non-US model and support for these models is very limited, please seek a support team for your area. You can do so by using this link: https://www.samsung.com/us/common/visitcountrysite.html. Thanks!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Re: np900x4d software problem win 10 1909

there is no download at all for the software to make the Fn keys work? not an older version? maybe from another model? I think it's available for my Notebook 9.

edit: after looking they no longer have the driver and software download packs. they only have the Windows app for updates. using that? might be able to get the Fn software there.

Edit, the Windows App (Samsung update) will allow download of drivers. 

I would look for the Samsung Update app in the Windows Store and try that. this is a Windows app from the windows store, they only use this now.

samsung_drivers.jpg

as far as my machine, no updates for a long long time, but the basic software should be there. 

my Notebook 9 doesn't run Win10 2004 so far. 

I may try a complete format and reinstall and see if that fixes it. 

always nice to have a recovery USB to roll back to the last version of windows too.