JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy Notebook 9 pro 15" screen shuts off when writing

(Topic created: 01-16-2021 05:32 PM)
userbsHFuwQFBj
Constellation
Options
Computers

I've been having this problem recently with my laptop where my screen will just shut completely off when I start writing on the screen. Whether that be with the mouse, s-pen that comes with the device, or my finger. No matter what, when I start writing the screen shuts off. After it cuts off it doesn't come back on and I cannot touch anything and the only thing I can do is restart the laptop with the power button on the side. If anyone has had any problem like this or knows how to fix it, please help. 

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
MrLarry
Neutron Star
Options
Computers

Give this link a shot: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01109614/ If this does not help I recommend letting a service technician have a look. Send your full model code and serial number via private message to get started.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

0 Likes
3 Replies
MrLarry
Neutron Star
Options
Computers

When the screen shuts off, does it appear to still have power?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userbsHFuwQFBj
Constellation
Options
Computers
yes it seems to have power because I believe the led light on the keyboard stays on. I will have to verify this though.
0 Likes
Solution
MrLarry
Neutron Star
Options
Computers

Give this link a shot: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01109614/ If this does not help I recommend letting a service technician have a look. Send your full model code and serial number via private message to get started.

0 Likes