cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

touchscreen not working (notebook 9 pro)

Hi.

So i have the notebook 9 pro. sometimes i dont know why the touchscreen just stops working randomly. i can fix it temporarily by going to the device manager and then disable and enable it ( sometimes i have to do this more than once ), but this problem happens again after a couple of hours. 

This is really annoying especially that this is a 2-in-1 and this happens sometimes while using tablet mode.

Is there a way to fix this "not temporarily"? ( btw i tried uninsalling the driver and restarting but the problem always reappear ).

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: touchscreen not working (notebook 9 pro)

1. Look for damage on the screen.

Look for debris or liquid on your screen. Any debris or liquid in contact with the screen may be preventing touches from being registered.

2. Check Device Manager.

Make sure the touch screen is enabled in Device Manager. Select the Search bar, and then search for and select Device Manager. By default, if all devices all working, the list will be collapsed. If one of the lists is expanded, the device with an issue will be marked. Enable the device if it is disabled.

3. See if the PC needs any updates.

Select the Start icon, and then select Settings. Select Update & Security, and then select Check for updates. If any updates are available, they'll automatically install.

4. Restart the PC.

Try restarting the PC. Select the Start icon, and then select the Power icon. Select Restart, and wait for the computer to reboot. Once it restarts, see if the touch screen works.

If this does not help then service will be required, depending on the warranty of the unit you do have a couple of options.

If the unit is in warranty you can send me or any of the other moderators a private message with your full model and serial number and we can get that set up for you.

Or if your unit is out of warranty you can use the link below to find a service center in your area. 

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/location

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

thank you for replying.

The touch does work after i restart. The problem is that it sometimes stops and i have to go to the device manager to disable the touchscreen and enable it to make it go back to work again. so its just an annoying thing that i want to see if there is a solution to.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Please provide the model number for the laptop.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

System Model 930MBE

Another thing i have noticed is that my touchscreen driver date goes back to 2006 for a reason and says its the latest driver if i try to update. i dont know if this is normal.

Annotation 2020-06-05 100435.png

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Please try the steps in this link to ensure that everything is up to date: Link

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

The device drivers are released through Microsoft. You would need to verify through them the driver is updated properly. Are you using any type of power management software or using the PC in a power-saving mode?

Highlighted
Constellation

I am using it in samsung mode but i do toggle the power mode ( not the power plan ) to "better battery".