Summer is in full swing and for me that means spending as much time as possible outside. My friends and I love to BBQ on the weekends and I’m always the dedicated photographer. Personally, I’m shooting with the Galaxy S10, but here are some tips from Hannah Harley (@hanharley) that can ensure that you document your BBQ in all its glory, no matter which Samsung device you’re using.
- Composition: To create balance using grid lines, consider proportions and rule of thirds when taking your shots.
- Planning: Consider your surroundings and your light sources, then find creative ways to elevate your subjects.
- Lighting: Use light to create drama, bringing the subject of your photos to life.
- Food Mode: Focus on what matters. Get the details when taking photos of your food and blur out everything else.
- Dual Aperture: For best results in lowlight, set aperture at F1.5 to let in more light.
What do you think? Check out more of Hannah’s pics in our Summer Stories on Instagram!