(Topic created: 08-04-2022 10:28 PM)
Who_Me
Astronaut
Options
Creator

Pinched and resized from original snap

Scorpius before edits

Scorpius after edits

Cygnus with crude delineation to assist with the preceeding image. Brightest star to the left of the head is Vega.

A little bit of a challenge tonight as for some reason it took a little longer than normal to get into focus, Aperture for the moon Shor kept sliding and bouncing off the "best shot" circle. But did what I could. 

Before and after editing of Scorpius overlooking my house. Shot in nightmode with some edits in both the native gallery and Adobe Lightroom. Cygnus just shot in nightmode with a minor tweak to sharpness in the native photo editor. Got a copy with a crude markoff for Cygnus as it may be hard to delineate, but once you see it, you can sorta picture a swan/goose figure. I use Stellarium to help guide me to the constellations. 

In the same image with Cygnus you can see a polygonal shape to the upper left-- that's the head of Draco, a very large constellation thst resembles a dragon. And over to the lower right of Cygnus, there is a smaller polygonal cluster-- that is Delphinus.
2 Replies
Teknician
Comet
Options
Creator
Did you do this on our S22? That is beautiful..
Who_Me
Astronaut
Options
Creator
I sure did. Some heavier editing on scorpius wirh Adobe light room. And just some minor tweaks in the native photo editor on the others.