Original topic:

NX30 Camera

(Topic created: 09-24-2023 09:24 PM)
userkyzk4w0xfR
Constellation
Options
Creator

My question for the community is: I am going on Safari. I have a NX 30 mirrorless camera. I want to use a 200 to 600 zoom lens. What brand lens should I use? Can I use an adapter? What brand and model number adapter should I use?

1 Reply
Gossipfunda
Nebula
Options
Creator

For your NX30 mirrorless camera and a 200-600mm zoom lens, you may need to use an adapter to mount a lens from a different brand because the NX mount system is specific to Samsung and may have limited lens options. Here are some steps to consider:

1. Choose a Lens Brand: You have several popular options for a 200-600mm zoom lens, such as Sigma, Tamron, and Sony. Choose a brand that offers a lens in this focal range.

2. Check Lens Compatibility: Ensure that the lens you select is compatible with the NX mount system. If it's not, you will need an adapter.

3. Select an Adapter: To adapt a lens from another brand to your Samsung NX30, you'll need a lens adapter. The specific adapter you need depends on the lens brand and the NX mount. For example:

• If you choose a Sony lens, you may need a Sony E-mount to Samsung NX adapter.
    • If you choose a Sigma or Tamron lens, check if they have Samsung NX mount options. If not, you'll need to find a third-party adapter.
  4. Research and Compatibility: It's crucial to research the specific lens and adapter options thoroughly. Look for user reviews and compatibility information to ensure that the lens and adapter work well together with your camera model.

5. Consider Autofocus and Features: Keep in mind that some adapted lenses may not support autofocus or other features on your camera. Check the lens and adapter specifications for compatibility with your camera's features.

6. Test and Practice: Once you have the lens and adapter, test them before your safari trip. Practice using manual focus and adjusting settings to get comfortable with your setup.

7. Pack Spare Batteries and Memory Cards: Using a telephoto lens for wildlife photography can drain your camera's battery quickly, so make sure to carry spare batteries and extra memory cards.

Remember that using an adapter may introduce some limitations compared to using native lenses. It's essential to understand these limitations and practice with your setup before your safari to ensure you capture the best possible photos.