Original topic:

Some Milky Way with Scorpius

(Topic created: 07-08-2022 03:08 PM)
Who_Me
Halo
Options
Creator

Didn't realize at the time till a FB group member pointed out I had also caught Scorpius and part of Saggitarius. This was a difficult capture for me with the stuff I had to seal with so I'm sorta proud of it even though there are others who've done better

Some Milky way along with a couple other celestial features. Some may be hard to see but I know I also caught the Big Dipper in one of them. 
4 Replies
Belaythatorder
Supernova
Options
Creator
Very nice shots.
0 Likes
Who_Me
Halo
Options
Creator
Thank you. Milky way shots were a bit challenging and it took a lot of tinkering and adjustments in pro mode to get the desired raw files I wanted. Then I took those into Adobe Lightroom to make them pop a little.
0 Likes
Belaythatorder
Supernova
Options
Creator
What device did you use and what were your settings?
0 Likes
Who_Me
Halo
Options
Creator
I have the regular S22 and for the milky way shots that particular night since it was a new moon, I went with F1.8 aperture, 30 second shutter, voice to capture, 1600-3200 ISO , Center focus (some use manual, ut i kept getting blurred shots with manual focus ) had the phone propped against a cardboard box. I had gotten a tripod, but it was a cheapy and wouldn't hold the phone without tiping so I improvised with the box.
0 Likes