Did you mean: 

Original topic:

24 Hours Later

(Topic created: 09-22-2023 04:43 AM)
notforhire
Honored Contributor
Options
Discussions

I'm around 24 hours into this Beta and except for the usual limitations during a beta (Good Lock, GPay, etc.), it's been no big deal. I like the aesthetics. It's a nice refresh. I am surprised that there's not been a refresh of Samsung app icons. Though nobody is as stale as Apple.

In the previous two betas, I was operating almost exclusively on DeX. I'm running on PC now, so I can't speak to how DeX is impacted by the beta, though I imagine it's negligible. I use navigation buttons, so swiping doesn't matter to me.

Since the beta has been out for the S23 for a while, I figured most of the bugs would be worked out already. For the most part, I think I'm right. 

My opinion...worth what you paid for it. ðŸ˜‰

6 Replies
Options
Discussions
FYI, you can still use Google Wallet with the beta. As for good lock, only a few apps work still, which was honestly surprising to me, but the apps that work are the ones that Samsung hasn't touched since like Android 10.
Does DeX look any different than the previous version?
notforhire
Honored Contributor
Options
Discussions

I haven't tried DeX yet. If they've made any changes, I imagine they are very mild. As for Google Wallet, I'll try it out today, but tap-to-pay didn't work for me, at least when I accessed Wallet through GPay.

Options
Discussions
Right. Somehow Google forced me to switch over to their Wallet app when I set up my Doordash card on gpay, and I've used wallet and it works just fine (surprisingly).
notforhire
Honored Contributor
Options
Discussions

I opened up Google Wallet and was immediately prompted that tap-to-pay won't work. However, after clearing that pop-up, all of my cards appeared to be available. I'll try it here in a few hours and report back. ðŸ¤ž

notforhire
Honored Contributor
Options
Discussions
ended up making an earlier run... Google Wallet did not work for me. consider yourself lucky Gabe 😉
USBetaModerator2
Beta Moderator
Options
Discussions

Hello,

Thank you for feedback.

We appreciate your contribution to the Beta Program.

Regards,

One UI Beta Team