Did you mean: 

Original topic:

5G Connectivity

(Topic created on: 10/24/20 6:37 PM)
DABMEYOU
Astronaut
Options
Discussions
5G seems to be switching automatically to 4G LTE when there is clearly 5G coverage. Anybody else having this issue after the latest beta update?
26 Replies
userhgGdd0mkwD
Astronaut
Options
Discussions
seems as if users with tmobile using an s20+ and s20 ultra are experiencing connectivity issues after Beta download and install . speaking as a s20 5G ( standard one) on tmobile network, the beta ui 3.0 vers 1 fixed the connectivity issues. seems as if the beta is causing issues on the other 2 lines bases on this post and other forum posts
MrPhotoMoto
Galaxy
Options
Discussions
Negative. I have brand new t-mobile s20 base phone and its always had horribly slow data speeds. Even before beta. my S10E was fantastic! I miss that phone now....
0 Likes
Glitchbug
Galaxy
Options
Discussions
Let's agree to disagree! The fact of the matter is that we are having 5G issues since 5G rolled out on every carrier and now with this beta update it's making it more likely to have problems until the final release. please be patient it will all be fixed.
dortyboy
Halo
Options
Discussions
I'm having the same issue right now. I've been on 4g all day with s20 ultra t-mobile
Glitchbug
Galaxy
Options
Discussions
I restarted my phone and it was showing LTE not 5G so I put it in Airplane mode for 30 seconds then turned Airplane mode off and now it's 5G. Maybe it will help you. T-Mobile as well.
0 Likes
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Discussions

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback. Network connectivity issues will most likely be resolved more effectively by contacting your carrier directly. If issues, persist, however, please send us an error report to help us debug the issue. Please also keep an eye out for any other issues you may encounter. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your contribution to the beta program.

Regards

One UI Beta Team.

0 Likes
PhillyXander
Astronaut
Options
Discussions
Phone: S20 5G Snapdragon (SM-G981U1)

Software: US OneUI 3.0 Beta 2 (Build RP1A.200720.012.G981U1EU1ZTJG).

Carrier: Mint Mobile (T-Mobile US MVNO).

Here is what I noticed.

When I am driving, I use Android Auto and when I used Beta 1, for the most part I saw a 5G icon (where 5G is available) on the phone and on the display on the AA.

Now, after Beta 2 update, when the phone's screen is on, then the 5G icon is on the AA display as well as the phone. Once the display goes into a screen saver mode/goes dark (while the phone is still working) the AA display goes from 5G to LTE. As soon as I wake up the phone, back to the 5G.

This behavior is new and I did not see it in Beta 1.

I believe that some kind power and/or data saver is being more aggressive than in Beta 1. Once the screen times out, the phone drops into LTE. Once I unlock the screen, the phone goes back to 5G.
0 Likes