JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

5G Intermittent/Unreliable connectivity

(Topic created on: 10/20/20 9:45 PM)
BlakWight
Astronaut
Options
Discussions
5G voice/text is not working and shows (5g:prohibited:) but data will "work". Have to run 4G even after getting new SIM from Tmobile. 5G was trash before this but its worth mentioning for the beta. I submitted an error report and encourage others to as well. 

5G will randomly come back but drops within a matter of mins and at uneven intervals. Does not automatically switch to 4G. 

Samsung S20 Ultra Unlocked - Tmobile Network
7 Replies
BrettTech
Halo
Options
Discussions
ever since T-Mobile has launched their 5G Network I have not been able to utilize any type of data services and can only use my device on Wi-Fi
0 Likes
BlakWight
Astronaut
Options
Discussions
Make sure you have the correct SIM. They recently "realized" their original ones are not compatible with 5G.
0 Likes
BrettTech
Halo
Options
Discussions
yes I went to the store and upgraded my sim to a compatible one that was one of the steps I haven't had proper service in over 3 months so they've been crediting my account
0 Likes
BrettTech
Halo
Options
Discussions
they also told me there's a master ticket in because of a compatibility issue with some of these Samsung s series and other devices with their 5G Network and they're working on a fix for it
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Discussions

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback. Please also keep an eye out for any other issues you may encounter. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your contribution to the beta program.

Regards

One UI Beta Team

Solution
Glitchbug
Galaxy
Options
Discussions
Change your Access Point Name. You have to add it the new Access Point Name should be:

epc.t-mobile.com

clipboard_image_1603327679998.jpg

View solution in context

BlakWight
Astronaut
Options
Discussions
Thank you, this fixed it! Ill verify it tomorrow while driving and switching towers too.